Like Daughter - 57
One week of chemo and radiation down. Four more to go.
Jason is doing well, but starting to feel the side effects a little. He's tired earlier in the day, and has some tingling/itching on his scalp, but that could be from the nerves resetting from surgery.
We will be creating our wills. What a thing to think about.
I know it is something we need to think about, and something we probably should have done a long time ago, but with what's happening... ugh. I don't like it at all. It feels like we're speaking it into existence. I know that's not it, but it's the feeling, you know? I just hope that it becomes where you take all the precautions and it doesn't happen. That'd be lovely -- to not have to consider any of this until maybe 30-40 years from now.
My parents have been amazing. They have been taking over transporting Jason to and from treatments each day so I can go to work. It's been a huge relief, but part of me feels like I should be doing all of it and not worrying my family. I know, I know -- take the help and do what needs to be done. It's just a feeling I have. I'm not one to ask for help or take offers for it most of the time, just because I don't want to have others take the load I'm holding. I just do it because it needs doing. But, I will say, I couldn't have asked for a better family. My sister has been reaching out to organizations and there are care packages coming from all over. It's been nice to see Jason receive things for himself -- he never gets himself anything. I'm the spender between us (haha). I just wish it were under better circumstances.
Jason's family has been wonderful. Unfortunately, everyone lives in different states, but they call and text and check in, and Jason has received some things. It's never expected, but it's appreciated so much. I wish everyone lived closer -- it would be so lovely to have everyone close by. I know my family is great, but they are second to his. He loves hearing from them, and I see how happy it makes him when he gets off the phone.
If you didn't know, I'm a Library Media Specialist in an elementary school. This school year has been weird so far. It's starting normal, and the typical stuff is going on. But the world seems to have shifted in some way. I can't really explain it. I go to work, I teach, show the kids love, and then I go home. I do the same things I always do each year. The days seem longer. The night comes quickly. Then it starts over. I've already made my preparations for when I go on FMLA in two weeks -- sub plans are typed up, printed, and copied. The substitute coming in is a former librarian, so my students are going to be in the best hands. I can only hope it's smooth sailing until then and throughout. Knowing me, I'll be checking in throughout my leave to see how everything is going. If you know, you know.
For now, things are going well. If you can/do, please keep the prayers/thoughts/good juju coming. It's appreciated greatly.
As always, I wish you love, happiness, and -- most importantly -- good health.
Dori
Comments
Post a Comment