Like Daughter - 34
Remember me, ladies and gents? ;-) I'm back! There are some updates on the medical front, and I wanted to keep you all informed.
The only reason there haven't been many blogs lately is because there haven't been many eventful things going on. My family has been busy, as always. My mother has been working her tail off, Dad is also working like mad, Kyle (brother) has been working and going to school. I've been student teaching and trying to get my tuchus ready for graduation. It has been a crazy last few weeks. I had to buckle down the night that most of my work was due for my portfolio and get it done. I got about 80% of it finished, but was freaking out about a certain project that really did not turn out as well as I had hoped. My advisor has been wonderful. She said, "Dori, calm down. Do the work over break. It will get done. Just take care of your family and relax." I'm like, "OK...I can do this!" So now I'm just trying to enjoy my spring break and spend some time with friends and family. I'm long overdue for time with these lovely people. I'll probably be planning lessons and finishing up my projects later on this week.
At this point, everyone is pretty much back to normal. Melissa (cousin) is feeling well, as is Aunt Rea. They all (including my mother and sister) are experiencing vocal cord problems. It's not all that lovely. Our surgeon told my sister, "That should be gone by now." Gotta' love that kind of comment, huh? But, overall, everyone is not doing that badly.
My other cousin, Melissa's sister, Diana, had her biopsies done on her two nodules (yeah, now it's two) on Thursday. She's nervous about the results, but we're all hopeful. To be honest, I won't be surprised if she ends up with thyroid cancer. But, I'm trying not to jinx it. Hopefully we'll find out the results today or tomorrow.
That's pretty much everything right now. We'll have to see how everything goes. Please, keep us in your prayers.
As always, many blessings of love, happiness, and most important of all -- good health.
hi dori!its dani i hope averything stays good u and ur family are in my prayers my mother in law was just diagnosed w/ cancer in her ovaries that had spread to just about everything by the time they found it she went in for surgery to have it removed and is home now reecovering she will start chemo in may and my mother os waiting for her results to come back cause she showed signs of cervical cancer in her pap smear so my prayers are definately w/ ur family. i never knew how serious cancer really was until my mother in law was diagnosed and it was all explained to me
ReplyDeleteWas thinking of you - hope your family's vocal cord problems improve with time. Did your cousin Diana's biopsy results come back OK? Will keep you and your family in my prayers. <3, Kim
ReplyDelete