Like Daughter - 32

I am so sorry that it has been so long since I posted. There has been a lot going on. My student teaching has kept me extremely busy, and I have been trying to spend time with family and friends during my "free" time. It has been crazy, but fun. :-)

So Melissa does indeed have papillary thyroid cancer. She was officially diagnosed last Friday, and her surgery was last Tuesday. And, so, the count has risen to five. Is it twisted to say that I almost feel like this is commonplace now? It almost feels as though this is one of those normal routines now, like brushing your teeth. Only, it's more obnoxious and involves surgery, and maybe, if you're oh so lucky, treatment.

Right now we're not so sure as to whether or not Melissa will need treatment. Her nodule was the same size as her mother's, 3 mm, and Aunt Ree did not need treatment. Let's just hope the same goes for her. But, hey, at least we have a little apartment-like basement!

Life has kind of become more normal now. Janina is doing great, and was so strong during treatment. It felt so good to hug her again after she was done. I swear, I think I scared her when I practically tackled her! She's still worn out from lack of medicine, but she won't feel completely herself for another 2-3 weeks. Mom has been fit as a fiddle, minus her little cold she has right now. She was such a trooper during her treatment; I'm so proud of her. I think I practically tackled Mom when she was done, too! Believe me, after you are in isolation for five days and can't be close to anyone, hugs feel so amazing.

Hopefully it won't take me as long to post again. We are still waiting on Diana to get officially checked. She has to move first, so that may not happen for another couple of months.

As always, blessings of love, happiness, and, most importantly: good health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response