Like Mother - 37

On day two of isolation, I’m finding that it’s really no big deal. I feel perfectly fine, just as before the treatment, as if nothing ever happened. I thought I would have some awful symptoms, but I’ve had none, nada, zip, zilch. Yippee!

I’ve been keeping myself busy doing some organizing and cleaning up. I have a nasty habit of changing purses and taking out only the things I want to put into the new purse, leaving all of the extra “stuff” in the old one and tucking it in the closet. Last evening and today, all of those purses came out of the closet and all of the “stuff” was gotten rid of. I did find a few goodies though…jewelry I’d forgotten about, lots of spare change, even a gift certificate. I’m making out like a bandit!

Actually, I think this radioactivity has put me into warp speed. I went on a vacuum cleaning binge—even vacuuming the laundry room and, get this, the furnace AND the oil burner! That big ‘ole noisy thing has accumulated an ungodly amount of dust on and around it…but no more. They will probably never get a cleaning like that again, as I’m counting on this treatment to work fully and completely.

The real bonus is that I no longer need to follow the low iodine diet. So, this morning, for the first time in 18 days, I had an egg, a slice of cheese, and a bagel. Later, Janina brought me a Starbuck’s Skinny Vanilla Latte. Yum!  How did I ever live without that for the past 18 days?!  The sky’s the limit for dinner, so what will it be?—pizza perhaps--a nice cheesy pizza. That way, Merril won’t have to cook.

I can come up from the basement at noon tomorrow. I can’t hug or kiss anyone for a few more days beyond that, and I will definitely have to avoid my gorgeous grandson. But by Wednesday, I can bust loose, so there will be hugs all around. Marrin, get ready for some big smooches from Gram! You too, Kyle, I owe you a birthday hug and kiss—and you can’t escape it big boy!

Now I’m ready for the ultimate reward…a nice hot bubble bath. After that, I’ll do some medical transcription.

This isolation thing is not so bad. I might be by myself, but I’ve never been alone.

Comments

  1. I am glad things are getting better...My prayers and blessings continue to your family....I miss you all..
    LNM

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response