Like Mother - 35
I had my two shots of Thyrogen--one on Wednesday and one on Thursday. It was a terrific way to start the day. Nothing like a shot in butt to get you going in the morning.
Now, it's my turn for radioactive iodine -- the next phase of treatment for thyroid cancer. In two hours, I will take a pill that will hopefully do its awesome task of ridding my body of stray thyroid cancer tissue and cells, wherever they be. Afterwards, I"ll need to go into hibernation for a few days, so I'll retreat to my basement with my laptop, cellphone, iPod, and a few good books.
Truth is, I am a little scared, but I just have to stop stalling and get on with it.
More later...
Adelina - I am thinking about you as you start your weekend of hibernation. I am sending you good, healing thoughts. Please let me know if there is anything you need, or if you want to chat. Stay strong.
ReplyDeleteAlli