Like Mother - 15
Surgery is the best diet…NOT! I’m down about 9 lb. which I’m sure is mostly fluid. Not being able to eat on top of getting rid of your body stores is rather draining. Yesterday was my best day. I actually got in three “meals” – a toasted bagel for breakfast, cream of wheat for lunch, and a hot soft pretzel for dinner. As you can see, I’m on a high carbohydrate diet these days. I even had a Coke Slurpee, which made me long for summer…a nice cold snowball would be just the ticket. And since the cream of wheat worked so well yesterday, I had it again this morning for breakfast—along with another Coke Slurpee. I know, not a great combination.
I’m dreaming of pancakes and omelets, burgers and fries (something I usually don’t even eat), a luscious Thanksgiving feast, and oddly, sour beef and dumplings (one of my personal favorites). There’s steamed shrimp, stuffed flank steak, and cheesecake still waiting for me in the fridge--leftovers from New Year’s Eve. I may have to get Merril to eat them, and I’m sure he won’t complain too much about that. Although I have accepted the surgery, unfortunately my stomach and bowels haven’t. I’m waiting patiently for them to get on board.
My sleep schedule is absolutely crazy. Difficult to sleep at night, better in the day. I feel like I’m missing out on so much by sleeping in during the day, particularly since it gets dark so early, and I look forward to a more normal schedule. Some things just can’t be rushed; recovery from surgery being high on the list. It’s like a swift kick in the pants, a huge jolt to the body, and every body handles it differently.
Janina just called to let me know that she’d be stopping by. She’s at Game Stop with my grandson. She asked me if I wanted anything. Trying to be humorous, I told her to get me the Wii Feel Better. I think there should be such a game, don’t you?
Comments
Post a Comment