Like Mother - 14
Sometimes we need to be flat on our backs before we stop to smell the roses. Granted, the roses are a little harder to smell when we are on our backs, but it can be done.
It’s a rather freeing feeling to walk (rather shuffle) through the house and appreciate it just the way it is – as my home. Not to worry about the lint on the rugs (that I would have picked up before), the dishes in the sink, the piles of mail (mostly junk), the hair on the bathroom floor (and I’m only noticing that because I’m in there so much – yuck!). Who cares?!
I love it that I’m actually watching and finishing a movie. Only did that on rare occasion because I was too busy transcribing, cleaning, working on a craft, or something else that I could have put off, but didn’t. I’m not even minding if what the family watches is football (of which I am not a fan) because as long as we’re together in the same room, it’s a good thing.
I love it that my family has camped out with me on our rather large sectional sofa, which has actually become lost amongst the blankets and pillows. I hated all that clutter before. I’m happy for all of the phone calls and visits that I was too busy for before – busy doing what?!
I love it that I am appreciating each little bit of progress that I’ve made since the surgery, even if it’s been just to hold down a few crackers. The reality is that there are so many who suffer far worse than I. I have no room to complain.
I guess that’s what people mean when they say that a lot of good can come from a little bad.
Comments
Post a Comment