Like Mother - 13

2009 is over. But the year will live on in my medical history. Whenever I see a doctor from this time forward, I’ll have to indicate that in 2009 I was diagnosed with thyroid cancer.

The big “C” always comes as a shock to people. It’s such a scary word. I can remember really being afraid of that word. Whenever I would meet someone with cancer, either personally or in my profession, I could only but admire their strength, determination, and most of all, acceptance. Acceptance is the most difficult part. But again, that applies to so many things in life. Once we’ve tackled that, the rest seems to follow in a very natural course.

Welcome 2010! I was surrounded by my favorite folks last night as the new year very quietly rolled in. My husband, children and grandson were with me. They prepared a virtual feast. Unfortunately, I could only tolerate a bit of it, so hopefully the leftovers will be around for a few more days. The guys played Risk in the dining room, and the ladies lounged on the sectional sofa and watched movies. Marrin and I drew pictures together and snuggled. Everyone was happy, healthy, and safe. I couldn’t have asked for a more perfect New Year celebration.

I’m still working on those resolutions.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response