Like Daughter - 27
Warning: I'm about to go on a very brief, off-topic rant of revelation.
How in the world did I not think to explore Pandora before?! It is absolutely amazing! I typed in "Michael Buble" and I got all this amazing, blissful music that is totally mellowing me out right now. I am so stoked; I think this will be my new addiction for music. :-) Click the link above for instant spectacular-ness. (I am sure my brother will laugh at me and pull the "I told you so!" card as soon as he reads this.)
Okay, I'm done with that. ;-)
There really is not much to report at this point. All of the fun stuff has already come to pass, and by fun stuff I mean the most dramatic and tormenting stuff. So right now, there is not much to say about everything that has not already been said. I am accepting the whole situation with Janina, and beginning to understand that thyroid cancer may just be a genetic thing with our family. After a little bit of research, we found out that Cowden Syndrome does not apply to our family because we do not have the primary symptoms. So, odds are we have a gene that has been passed down through my mother's family (unsure of which grandparent it came from). That gene has not been found yet, so we really cannot be genetically tested just yet.
I will end with some lyrics with which Dean Martin is presently serenading me:
Like the fella once said,
"Ain't that a kick in the head?"
...
Like the sailor said quote,
"Ain't that a hole in the boat?"I jest with these lyrics, of course. :-)
Pandora is cool. I have it on my cell phone too!
ReplyDeleteHere is a link to more information about the genetics of Cowden Syndrome that was prepared by our genetic counselor and which has links to some useful resources for those dealing with this condition: http://www.accessdna.com/condition/Cowden_Syndrome/106. There is also a phone number listed if you need to speak to a genetic counselor by phone. I hope it helps. Thanks, AccessDNA
ReplyDelete