Like Daughter - 23

I'm with Mom on this one. I can't wait to see that geneticist. I want to know where the heck this is coming from. These are some mysterious ways, indeed.

We want answers. The lot of us, including our friends. But, you know, if we do get a "why," I think we will be so unbelievably lucky. Not a lot of people get definite answers, especially if it's a "fluke" or something that isn't "the norm" in the family. Cancer happens. So do a lot of other diseases and disabilities. Sometimes it's a moot point to ask, "Why?" Not often are we given the privilege to find out.

My family keep saying to peope that they think I saved their lives. While I appreciate the sentiment and the true meaning behind that opinion, I cannot possibly agree. I love my family. It settles my stomach knowing that they all are aware of their health and want to nip this junk in the bud, but I did nothing to "save" them. They are taking matters into their own hands, and I am so proud of each of them for doing that for themselves and their loved ones. Each of them had a choice: either get tested and be aware and proactive in their active health, or do nothing and avoid it. It takes a lot of courage to do what each of them are doing, and I couldn't be more proud.

So, yay, we're at 50 blog posts! Thanks to all of our friends, family, coworkers, etc. The list goes on. I don't say "readers" because honestly, I consider you all my friends. Everyone who reads this blog is walking this journey with us, and I can feel each presence. I'm so pleased that our blog has reached so many people, and I can't wait to see what the next 50 bring. :)

Many blessings to you of happiness, love, and, most importantly, health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response