Like Daughter - 19
I'm normal now, folks, I promise! ;) I guess I just needed a little while to get myself back on track.
The last few days have pretty much felt normal. As Mom said in her latest post, it's felt pretty standard. How weird is that, especially after everything so far? It felt so nice to get some Starbucks with Mom after my class on Thursday and have lunch with her at one of our favorite places. For a few minutes, I forgot about what has been going on.
The truth is, I just can't wait to find out what the real cause is of all this. Is it genetics? Cowden's Syndrome? Environmental? Who knows at this point. It's too broad to tell. To be honest, I want it to be something concrete, like genetics or Cowden's. I want to know for sure what my children's chances are, along with everyone else in my family. I want to be positive as far as what the risks could be if I decide to have children. I want to know whether or not my younger cousins or my darling nephew could get this cancer or any other type.
What sucks about cancer is nothing is set in stone. You may or may not get cancer in your lifetime, you may or may not be "cured," you may or may not have a successful surgery or treatment. Anything goes when it comes to this crap. Believe me, I never imagined I would have such a pain-in-the-neck (hahaha) time with it. I thought I'd have my one surgery, one treatment, and bada-bing! Done. Haha, not the case at all. You just never know.
So from what Dr. S said about Janina, he is only removing her thyroid. He didn't see any funky-looking lymph nodes surrounding her thyroid, so this is good. I can't wait for her surgery to be done so we can just move the heck on! T-minus 4 days 'til the big day. Stupid cancer.
Comments
Post a Comment