Like Mother - 23
I just want to take a moment to thank everyone who reads our blog. Because you have shown such concern and interest in what we have to say, it inspires us to share our journey with you.
When I write, I feel like I am talking to a good friend, and that friend is really listening. So, in the middle of the night or wee hours of the morning, and without having to call and bother anyone in particular, I can talk about what's on my mind. It's done wonders for me, and I thank you for that.
I'm just an average mom with two average daughters, all stricken with thyroid cancer. Every day is tough. Some days are better than others. But I don't think a single day goes by that we don't find something to smile or laugh about.
Perhaps you are reading this because you are going through a similar struggle. Just like you, I am a real person behind the blog, so feel free to e-mail me if you'd like to chat -- aplait@comcast.net.
Again, thank you, my friend.
I found your blogs through Dori on Planet Cancer (we friended each other!). Been thinking of you in your post-op period, hope you're continuing to heal well. My surgery was on Dec. 14. That's neat you're a practice manager for an internist. I'm a doctor, and I love my practice manager too. ;) I'll be thinking of your daughter Janina also for her surgery on Tuesday. It helps for me to be able to "talk" to others going through similar struggles too. :)
ReplyDelete-Kim