Like Mother - 12


The bandages are off!  Ahh, that feels so much better.  I stood in front of the mirror and took a good look and my scar which, at this point, is an amazing array of colors and textures -- red, purple, lumpy, bumpy, not too terribly long, center and just above my collarbone.  At first, I felt like the lady in the Beetlejuice movie.  Do you remember the one?  The smoker with the slit in her throat so that every time she inhaled her cigarette, the smoke would come billowing out of her neck.  Fresh incisional scars are not too terribly attractive, but just like everything else, will get better with time. 

Finally was able to get down a toasted bagel and some tea that Dori very lovingly made for me.  Let's just hope more of it stays "in" than comes "out", if you know what I mean.  My appetite is there, but the rest of my body is not being totally cooperative.  Marci's Christmas candy is especially wonderful right now, soothing to the throat, and oh so good! 

Family and friends are calling and I am basking in the luxury of being loved and cared about.  When different members of my family ask what they can do for me, I simply tell them to go get scanned.  That would be the best gift of all.  So far, a few of them have gone and are awaiting results. 

Officially started on my Synthroid today which will become my daily companion.  See thyroid, I never needed you anyway.   

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response