Like Mother - 11
Visits from family early last evening. Marci with a lovely stuffed shells dinner for the family, Anna Marie bearing edible treats, and Gracie with some wonderful Bath and Body gifts. And I thought Christmas was over!
Later things got a little rough. Nausea and vomiting plagued me in the hospital, but at home the other end started acting up (not the kind of thing you want to elaborate on in a blog). At any rate, I’m hoping it’s just the anesthesia and/or drugs trying to work their way out of my system. Nonetheless, I’m still as grateful today as I was yesterday. I can sleep fairly well, and still only have minimal discomfort.
Today will also mark the great unveiling. I get to take off my bandages and make friends with my new scar. That part of the surgery never bothered me. We all have scars, inside and out. It shows that we’ve experienced life. I’m actually excited about seeing mine. It will remind me that I looked into the face of that which I thought I could not and dealt with it.
The days seemed to have meshed together – I just realized that it’s New Year’s Eve. I’ll have to work on some resolutions today. At the top of the list will be to reach out to others as they have done for me, to give an encouraging word and remind them that they are stronger than they know. Dori had her cell phone with her while waiting for me to be taken to the operating room. The messages never stopped coming. I was being rooted on to victory even as I was being wheeled away to the OR. What a team! I intend to be part of that cheering team for others. Without a doubt, it can make all the difference.
Love & Hugs!
Comments
Post a Comment