Like Mother - 10

It's over.  The surgery is behind me.  The day came and went just like I hoped it would.  Right now, I am in minimal pain and feel like I'm navigating in slow motion -- on the outside.  On the inside, I am grateful for having such an amazing surgical team, an incredible family, and such supportive friends, some of whom I've never even met.  

The "build-up" to the surgery was the worst part.  The imagining of what would happen and how it would  happen.  Playing out scenarios in my head of what the operating room would be like, what would happen to me during surgery, and how I would feel when I awoke.  As you can guess, none of it turned out as I had imagined.  It was pretty straightforward and rather uneventful.  I did, though, get postsurgical tachycardia, and extreme nausea and vomiting, but the right medications helped with all of that.  Twenty-four hours later, I am back in the comfort of my own home.

I'm somewhat tired, and my thoughts seem a bit scrambled, so I'll end the post here...but I'll be back. 

Love & hugs to all! 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response