Like Mother - 08

I can’t believe this is it.  The final countdown.  I'm getting butterflies in my stomach as I type this.  Am I ready? 

The truth is, it doesn't matter if I'm ready or not - it will just happen.  Tomorrow will come and I'll have my surgery.  Since I was first diagnosed, time seems to have flown by and stood still all at the same time. 


At this time, though, I want to thank everyone who has shown me support along the way.  You know who you are. Your hugs, thoughts, prayers, calls, cards, text messages, and twitters have meant more than you know—and I mean that. I feel like I have my own cheering section rooting me on to victory. I have drawn so much strength from you.  I am overwhelmed by the people who have reached out to me.  Some folks I have never even met.  It has made all the difference in my journey and reassures me that the things that bind us together are more important than those which separate us.     

Today was a rather bittersweet one.  Although my surgery will be behind me by this time tomorrow, my oldest daughter, Janina, is awaiting thyroid biopsy results.  Today, she had three nodules biopsied and we will know the results on Monday.  One day at a time; that's all we can do.  I reminded Dori that she has probably saved our lives by her own diagnosis.   

I’d like to think that by tomorrow night, I’ll be blogging again, but we’ll have to see about that.  I'm sure Dori will keep the blog going and post an update. 

Going to go pack my bag now. 
Blessings to all! 


Comments

  1. Wow! What a wonderful post!!! Praying <3

    -Chrisovalandou Diakokomninos
    (Dorienne's Towson Univ. friend)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adelina,

    You are in my thoughts and prayers and I will send you and your family good vibes tomorrow. I know you will do great and the surgery will go fine.
    Alli

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response