Like Mother - 07
Visited with Merril’s sister Marci and family last night. Had pizza and salad and way too much dessert. Even on the way home, I had my head in a box of the fabulous Christmas candy that Marci makes every year and shares with the family. Lovely pieces of stained-glass-like sugary goodness of grape, pineapple, orange, lemon, and my all-time favorite, cinnamon. It was wonderful to be with everyone and to get even more hugs and well-wishes for my upcoming surgery. (If the Treeces are reading this, I love you all and thank you for a wonderful evening!)
After that, a quick escape to Delaware Park Slots. The nodule gang, me, Anna Marie, Janina, Dori, and Melissa piled into Janina’s Tahoe (love those backseat seat-warmers!) and headed off like thieves into the night. I found it peculiar, statistically-speaking, that all five of us have been found to have thyroid nodules; and so far two of us have thyroid cancer, yet not one of us won any money, hmmm… Oh well, it was a welcome diversion and we had a blast.
Surgery is around the corner. So much to do and so little time. I need to get through some medical transcription jobs, clean the house, get meals together for the next couple of weeks (thanks to Let’s Dish www.letsdish.com), and pack a small bag for the hospital. My grandson, Marrin, came to visit today and drew a picture for my hospital room. My beautiful niece and goddaugther, Diana, sent me a card that makes me cry every time I read it…that’s going with me too.
Anna Marie stopped by and excitedly reminded me that I have only two days to go. She's unusually happy about it and I’m starting to get a little worried about her -- but, I get her point, and it does make sense.
I know that in order to take action, you have to want something more than you are afraid of it. I want it now. I want the cancer out. I want the surgery behind me. I know that it needs to be done and that I cannot go forward with healing, recovery, and potential cure until it is. It’s a process, just as most things in life are.
As I toggled between writing this blog and going into my Twitter page, I discovered the following post: “Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgment that something else is more important than fear.” (Ambrose Redmoon).
Amen to that.
Comments
Post a Comment