Like Daughter - 11

Mom's scar looks wonderful. In three months, I guarantee you, that scar will barely be there. Our surgeon does wonders.

I'm really proud of my mother. After her "big reveal," I asked her how she felt about her scar. She said she felt good. I asked if she would be comfortable going out without wearing a big turtleneck. She smiled and said, "Yes, of course!" I sure hope we can do that very soon. It's exciting for me to see her like this. She's confident about her scar, and she doesn't care what the world thinks about it. I can't wait to go out with her and see her step out into the world, showing everyone the champion that she is.

I think 2010 will be our year. Even with all of the commotion going on in my mom's family with getting their thyroids scanned, I think that 2010 will really bring our family some good luck. Something just tells me that no matter what goes wrong, it will turn up right. At some point.

Happy New Year, everyone. May you all be blessed with happiness, love, and most important of all...good health.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response