Like Daughter - 10

Thank God it's over. Mom is home and she looks, sounds, and feels awesome. She's relieved, and so am I.

I know what she's talking about when it comes to the build up before surgery. It's really not a fun thing. Time flew by for me really quickly, and that was not only a blessing but also a curse. I wanted it over, but I was too afraid of the outcome. Since I never had surgery before, I didn't know what to expect. Luckily my surgery was at 7 in the morning on a Monday, so I slept a little and was extremely tired before surgery so I hardly could think. I will never forget looking back at my mother, father, and sister one last time before going into the OR. I could barely see since I didn't have my glasses, but I knew how their faces looked. I don't think those images will ever be erased from my head.

As soon as I was home the next day, I was just like my mother is right now. She's talking on the phone, letting people visit, and relieved it's all over. Mom is still her beautiful, smiling self. She just has an extra little beauty mark to show off. ;-)

Comments

  1. I'm glad everything went okay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dori, you and your mom (and, well, your whole family!) are so strong. I know I don't comment much but I am reading and praying for all of you. Glad to hear your mom's surgery went well!
    <3 Katie R.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Like Mother - 53

Like Daughter - 54

Special Entry: Good Housekeeping Article Response