She'll be able to go home on Tuesday, I think. That is, if the weather clears. The snow is up to my waist!
Aunt Rea's doing wonderfully! She had her surgery yesterday, and all went well. They removed her whole thyroid and sent it to pathology. Hopefully things come out positive. If not, OY. Her daughter is scheduled for surgery on the 23rd. One of the other daughters came out fine, but the third is still working with her doctor. Her doctor is saying that he wants to look at all of our pathology reports before deciding on a biopsy. My response? WHY?! It's obvious that this crap runs in our family, so why not just do the biopsy? Her nodule is small, but if anything, at least attempt a biopsy. Don't play cat and mouse. Just get it done. Give us some peace of mind instead of even more stress.
So far, all is going fine besides all of the above. I'm student teaching now, and it is going really well so far. I'm very excited to be graduating and starting my career. I just need to survive the next few months, then I'm home free!
That's pretty much it for now. Keep in touch, everyone. It's been lovely knowing we have so much support. If any of you have any questions or need some encouragement or support, feel free to comment me or my mother. We'd love to hear from you.
Much love, prayers, and, most importantly, good health.